How to do Proper Handling of a Digital Camera?
A digital photographer’s success is measured by the camera’s results. The first step to achieving quality photos begins with the way you use and handle the digital camera.
Learn how a digital camera works, understand the variables in taking photos, and know how to take both indoor and outdoor pictures as these all part of the concepts a beginner should know.
Here are some ideas to help the beginner master the secrets of taking photos.
1. Pay Attention to the Subject – This is one of the of the most basic but fundamental digital photography tips. Be able to compose carefully by working on the frame or area of the shot. Explore the potential of your camera and the different shot options available. Avoid positioning your object at the center of the photo, as it may result to dead center image. Offsetting your focal point will add a deeper dimension to your photo.
2. Capture Close Up Photos – You can take great photos by taking them in extreme close up. Close up photos add a little creativity and drama to the photos as they provide a different viewpoint. This idea is only one of the many ways to enhance and create excitement in your photo.
3. Use a Tripod – Digital cameras can often result in a blurry photographs if your hands shake even a little. Using a tripod will surely help prevent taking low quality photos, and preserve otherwise great photos.
4. Be Active – Get creative with your shots. Take photos from the top of a building, or off the side of a boat. Go outside and explore your environment. By incorporating the variety of height and vantage points existing around you, you’ll most definitely have fun while producing terrific photo shots.
5. Join a photography class – Learning doesn’t end with only the practical part. Learn not only from experience, but from other available sources. Advice from an expert will serve to improve your skills as a photographer. Try to join a photography class in your area, or if even online if you have access.
Becoming a professional digital photographer takes time so don’t get frustrated. Just be resourceful and try new techniques as you come across them. Start by with a simple digital photography tutorial as a building block as it will serve as the first step toward your future career growth.
Digital Photography Made Easy
Digital photography is considered the most popular today, not only in the professional fields but also in personal use. When making the transition from film cameras can be confusing unless you know some of the terms associated with going digital.
Some of the basic parts and terms you need to know in regards to digital camera technology are as follows:
1. Pixel – The tiniest part of the digital photo. A photo image is composed of millions of pixels combined.
2. Resolution – Represents the over all quantity of pixels in a photo. Increasing the resolution will make the image become sharper. Therefore more pixels are necessary to have a better quality photo image.
3. Mega pixel – Photo composed of three to four mega pixels will have a better quality that a photo with only one mega pixel.
4. Dots Per Inch – Term is used to describe the quality of the computer monitor (DPI) and printer. Laser printers have more dpi resolution than monitors, meaning the higher the dpi resolution the better the quality.
5. JPEG joint – Correspond to the format for saving images in the digital photographic camera.
6. Memory Card – The digital files are stored here. Memory cards come in different sizes and capacities. A memory card with a higher storage capacity would be more convenient in the long run and should be a considered purchase.
7. LCD – Almost all digital cameras come with this specification. The purpose of LCD is for the photographer’s ability to view the scene prior to capturing the photo.